Samsung UN40B6000 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV

I am the type of person who likes to buy good quality and keep it for a long time. But my many years old Sony was turning everyone and everything blue. Definitely a great TV for a Smurf or Blueman fanatic but not the best for general viewing. So out to look for a new TV.

I am not an electronics buff so exact specs etc. is not something I really wanted to study. Instead I opted to look for the TV that had the best visual picture.
And the Samsung TV has an outstanding picture. The color is vivid and rich and the depth perception is amazing. At some points you feel the characters are in the room with you. In addition the TV looks great from a straight on or side view. The quality of the anti blur makes watching fast paced sports very enjoyable.

Many of the TV's we looked at boasted a high quality picture, but we saw a huge difference when we stepped back from the screen. The color on this one just stood out.

In addition the TV offers a sleek design. It has a lustrous black finish that sets off the wide screen beautifully. The screen has just the right amount of reflectivity so you can easily view the picture without glare. At 40 inches this flat screen is large enough to give a movie type feel but not so large as to overwhelm an average size family room. Another big plus is the TV is more eco friendly then others.

After viewing the TV's in the store I was lucky to find it on Amazon where it was for a window of time around $1200 with free shipping and no tax. $300 less than if I had purchased it in the store. Since I know I will have this for many years it is an excellent value.

Set up was easy, it looks great in the room and we are really enjoying our new Samsung.

Pros:
You should make sure you can afford this TV before you go see side comparison between it and other LCD TV's in an a store. Because you'll either be walking away with the Samsung LED, or walking away with a product you are certain looks inferior.
I do not see the image degradation viewing it from an angle like others have.

Cons:
Yes, the sound is poor like the other reviews said. The speaker will even reverberate (if that is a word) while the volume if even turned down low. Mounting the TV on a wall does produce better sound than when it is free standing.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. It is absolutely ANNOYING having to hit the "exit" button after selecting an input source. I have never seen this on a TV before. This prevents me from using replacing the Samsung remote completely. You can use a universal remote to change input source, but then you have to go back to the Samsung remote to hit "Exit" to get the selection display off the screen. If anyone knows a workaround, please let me know.