Samsung UN40C6500 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black)

This TV is great. No complaints with the product. I upgraded from a 1080i to this one and I can notice a big difference from the 1080i to the 1080p in the clarity and depth of color on the screen. I had a 1080i-32 inch Sharp and it was a nice flat screen TV but after doing research and reading reviews on the Samsung I chose to upgrade to this model. I am really glad I did because the picture, when watching high def shows, is much better than my old TV. I haven't hooked my blu-ray player up yet and watched a blu-ray movie but I purchased an HDMI cable for it so I know it is going to be fantastic. My only problem was with the shippers Amazon used to deliver. (I chose the free shipping option). I won't go into details since I have since returned to this product on their web page and they are no longer offering it until further notice (one of the reasons is their shipping method). Mine was delivered by CEVA (total nightmare). They don't pinpoint the issue but my money is on the shippers and I feel good that they will take the effort to try and resolve the issue. Overall I really like my new TV and enjoy shopping at Amazon.

The clarity of this TV is astounding. With this TV, I can honestly say that I feel like I'm just peering through a window when watching HD content. There are times, three weeks into our purchase, that my wife and I exclaim "it's so clear!" while watching shows on 1080i. This is a big deal to me because we have a 65" Pioneer Kuro PRO-151FD in the living room, but now I prefer watching on this unit.

Blu-ray at 1080p is just beautiful and jaw-dropping. I played Ratatouille using a PS3, and the hairs on the mice and blades of grass are so detailed. I also noticed that the SD commercials seems clearer, and on some of them, someone with an untrained eye might mistake for HD if the pillars were not present.

I haven't hooked it up with a receiver yet, but the sound of the unit is more than adequate for our bedroom. We only go to "8" on the sound, which is animated as a blue circle on the lower left as opposed to a bar at the bottom of the screen. The "8" setting corresponds to about 1 o'clock, so you can go really loud if you wish.

I connected a PC to the unit and it can go up to 1920x1080 pixels at 60Hz, which is the max for my graphics card on that particular computer. Although it can display all those pixels, you can notice shadowing on the images and text. Not enough to give you a headache, but just enough to be noticed. If you do not plan on hooking a computer to this TV, then this is not a big deal. Actually, it's really minor considering you can watch Netflix and it does DLNA (accessing media files you share on your network).

I have this connected to my router via Ethernet, and even Netflix came out clear. I saw Dead LiKe Me and it still had that peering through a window effect. We watched Food, Inc. and was pleasantly surprised that Netflix serves that up in HD.

CON:
All HDMI inputs are located on the side. Although it's a good idea for game consoles and on the fly connectivity, I believe it would have been better to have one in the back and three on the side. This would give the users the option to use the rear connection for wall-mounting.