Samsung UN46B8000 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV

I love the set. it's extremely thin, and I the color is brilliant. I haven't noticed much flashlighting, triple ball effect, or other problems which effect most standard LCD sets. If you're relying on factory settings for picture quality, you should seriously go to [...]
Do not use the slim wall mount if you have one. It's magnetic and causes some problems w/ the set.

I was able to take advantage get a steal of a price on a sale, and had to jump on it. If you have money to burn, it's a great set. there are some 9 series standard LCD sets from Samsung which are great.

Be aware that there are no true LED sets out there. This is an edge lit set. That means that there are some LED's along the edges of the screen providing backlight to the lcd screen. The next series, 9000, will feature local dimming LED which are spread in zones throughout the set. Not a true LED, but closer, however .. more than likely.. you'll pay the price.

If you're in the market for an edge lit LED-LCD set, and you're happy w/ 46in, jump in. If not, wait it out a bit until there's new tech you want badly, or until the prices drop.

Consumer Reports has not rated this set yet. Their current top rated set is the samsung ln650, which although good, has minor flaws, such as "3-ball effect" (tennis and football), varying shade of green on football fields when comparing line of scrimmage versus either side, and some smudginess.

I see none of that with UN46B8000 that I bought last week. Fast motion is excellent. White is white, black is black, and reds and blues are beautiful. Clarity is excellent. Once in a while I've seen intense yellows and greens where I've wondered if it was an accurate depiction, but I've not made any adjustments yet. But, it's hard to get all these qualities, especially whites, in plasma. I'm not a professional, just my observations based on a few months of shopping.

My opinion is that plasma has lost it's advantage, especially if you consider power consumption. Plasmas only advantage now is price, but that should change over time.

The only problem with the un46b800 I've had is that occasionally the backlight setting jumps up. I think c/net mentioned this. Still, I'm very satisfied with this set.